Your Successful Transition to Penn State Begins Here!
The Penn State York Office of Student Affairs staff is available to answer any questions you might have regarding your transition to our campus. We can help you prepare to come to Penn State and assist you while you are studying at our York campus. There are many details that need to be coordinated to prepare for your arrival at the York campus:
- Accept your offer of admission to the 2+2 plan by paying your enrollment fee through your MyPennState account. Starting at Penn State York offers many advantages, including free advising and career services; free academic support services through the Nittany Success Center and resources at the Lee R. Glatfelter Library; and great entertainment at the Pullo Family Performing Arts Center. Don’t delay accepting your offer!
- Review Penn State York’s Pre-Arrival Guide. Read all the information in each category of the Pre-Arrival Guide very carefully, as it will answer many of your questions about your transition to Penn State York. If you have questions that are not addressed in the Pre-Arrival Guide, please e-mail Scott Simonds or Nikki Rosario-Flores for assistance.
- Visit Penn State’s Office of Global Programs pre-arrival website. The Office of Global Programs assists and advises incoming international students on U.S. immigration related issues and regulations. They also help students with the transition to Penn State as a newly admitted student.
- Attend International Student Orientation on August 15-18. Orientation is mandatory. Classes begin Monday, August 21.
- Questions about immigration, visas, I-20: contact International Student and Scholar advising (ISSA) at 814-865-6348 or Takashi Iwasaki at [email protected] or 717-718-6753.
- Purchase your airline tickets early. If you would like Penn State to provide transportation from the airport, you must fly into Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) or Harrisburg International Airport (MDT). We will pick students up at the airport if you have made a request.