Penn State York is an approved director credential institution of higher education. The completion of the early childhood director course work is a requirement for the Pennsylvania Director Credential offered through the PA Keys.
The three required courses are listed below and prepare individuals employed in Early Childhood Centers to gain the leadership skills necessary to direct a high-quality Early Childhood program. This course work is necessary for directors in the STAR 3 and 4 levels, and Head Start programs. Credits earned through Penn State York’s Director Credential program can be applied towards the Master of Education degree in Teaching and Curriculum as elective courses.
EDUC 403 Curriculum for Early Childhood - 3 credits
Examining early childhood programs and methodology, focusing on areas of social studies, mathematics, and science.
- Dates: January 8-April 26, 2024
- Time: Classes held spring 2024 on Mondays via Zoom from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
EDUC 404 Young Children's Behavior - 3 credits
Observation, recording, and evaluation of student behaviors, and the use of prescriptive techniques for early childhood students with special needs.
- Dates: May 18, May 25, June 1, June 8, June 15, and June 22
- Time: Classes held during the Summer 1 session on the following Saturdays via Zoom from 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
EDUC 408 Administration of Early Childhood Education Programs - 3 credits
The role of the early childhood administrator as it relates to regulations, staffing, management, funding, and curriculum.
- Dates: June 29, July 6, July 13, July 20, July 27, and August 3
- Time: Classes held during Summer 2 session on the following Saturdays via Zoom from 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Penn State York In-state tuition rate: $3,021/course
This is an estimated cost; you can contact the Bursar Office at 717-771-4122 if you have questions about tuition.
Register by completing an Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form: Register here