Penn State is proud to offer a 16-hour, asynchronous course designed for educators who are leading the charge in using artificial intelligence in their classrooms!
AI can be leveraged to reinforce core knowledge, cultivate opportunities for critical thinking, teach students digital literacy and citizenship, and so much more. Designed by current and former educators, this course offers a chance to explore AI tools, refresh lesson plans, and address responsible use concerns with students, parents, and school personnel.
We know that teachers’ schedules are packed, so we have created a course that you can take at your own pace and at whatever hour suits you! We recommend that the course is completed within six weeks for maximum impact.
Module 1: Introduction
- Learn about the different types of AI
- Explore ChatGPT as a foundation of knowledge
Module 2: Professional Use
- Lesson Planning
- Accessibility and Universal
- Design for Learning
Module 3: Student Use
- Explore multi-disciplinary lesson plan samples
- Menu of AI tools
Module 4: Ethics and Acceptable Use
- Communication with students, parents, and peers about AI use in the classroom
- Suggestions for implementing AI policies for your classroom
- Create a reflective lesson plan that utilizes AI tools as a supplemental resource for student learning
Dates: On demand
Delivery: Asynchronous (virtual)
Registration: Register here
*Educators who participated in the Lehigh Valley Writing Project in Fall of 2023 Discussion Series are eligible for a discount! Email Jamie Merida at [email protected] for more information.