The Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) program’s goal is to increase the likelihood that you will graduate and earn your Penn State degree on time with the potential for significant savings in tuition and fees.
PaSSS Program Orientation will be held on Monday, June 26, 2023. Classes will begin on Wednesday, June 28, and will end Wednesday, August 2, 2023. Availability is limited and participation is on a first-come, first-served basis. You will need to respond by May 1 to hold your place in the program.
- PaSSS scholarships may be available through the financial aid office. Contact Kristen Fowler at [email protected] or call 717-771-4196.
- Mentoring: You will receive mentoring by a faculty or staff member, or a peer student.
- Increase College Readiness: Participation in the PaSSS program.
- Earn Credits: You can earn credits during the summer while taking courses in a relaxed setting.
- Learn about your campus resources: You can get acquainted with Penn State York and its resources that are available.
- Meet Classmates: You can create lasting friendships with other first-year students.
All of these benefits help to build a lifetime of great Penn State experiences!
- PaSSS lasts five weeks during the summer prior to your first year at Penn State.
- The 2023 program runs from June 28–August 2 (Summer Session 2).
- You will take 4 credits (two courses).
- You will be paired with a peer mentor who will assist with the transition to college.
- Both PaSSS courses are required by the University for graduation regardless of your major.